I’ve been busy! But not posting as much as I’d like, so here’s a pretty huge dump of some images from my last month or so.
I’ve been knitting almost every day. Some lovely Kinfolk hand dyed yarn into socks:
And some delightful squishy madelinetosh yarn into a beanie. This resulted in my man asking if he could put in an order for a black one. Which I subsequently knitted, but didn’t photograph, because … well… black knitting never photographs well.
I’ve also knitted another hat, and started a new scarf… winter is pretty much over here though, so I’m not sure how much longer I’ll have the knitting bug. Links to all my projects are in my Ravelry library.
Related to the winter weather, my man and I have been cooking lots of Japanese hot pots together. he bought a lovely book on Amazon (this one, I swear it’s not a sponsored link! 😉 The recipes are surprisingly approachable, so we’ve been making one every weekend. One hot pot feeds s for a couple of nights.
This is a duck hot pot:
And this is a mushroom hotpot on the stove. Mmmm, mushrooms.
And to go with our Japanese dinners, we’ve also bought a little batch of sake from this great Melbourne supplier of all things sake: http://www.sakeonline.com.au/
And finally back to crafting. I’ve been playing with a couple of design/creative apps over the last month or so.
iOrnament allows you to make repeating patterns using all 17 of the wallpaper groups. (I’m a maths nerd, so I love this). I bought a little stylus for my iPad, and am having heaps of fun with this. Not sure how it will translate to embroideries yet, but I have some lovely screensavers and backgrounds I’ve made myself 🙂
I’ve also downlaoded a cute isometric app called… Isometric 🙂 It allows you to place diamonds on a grid to create isometric patterns. I’m really into triangles at the moment, so my designs are tending to be not very isometric and more triangle-y. But I’m having fun:
And finally, I’ve been working on my new big embroidery project. I’ve done a whole lot of history research, and looking at hundreds of examples of playing cards. And then sketching up and playing with my own designs.
I’ve finished mapping out (mostly) what stitches go where, and have started the actual stitching. But photos will follow once it’s fleshed out a bit more 🙂